Apple Investigating the Melting iPhone 7 Plus Incident That Was Caught on Video

Earlier this week, Brianna Olivas posted a video showing her iPhone 7 Plus spontaneously catching fire, resulting in a partially melted device. Soon after, the video went viral and has thus far accumulated more than 1.2 million views.

Just a few days prior to the incident, the user took the phone to the Apple Store after discovering that the device wouldn’t turn on. The device was approved and returned to the user after a couple of tests, which makes this case particularly curious.

This Rose Gold iPhone 7 Plus belonged to Brianna Olivas who claims that she had kept the device on charging overnight. But when her boyfriend discovered some noise coming from the device along with fumes, he decided to throw it to the bathroom where it later exploded, the user claims. The video showing the device partially melted was captured by Ms. Olivas’ boyfriend.

“We are in touch with the customer and looking into it,” Apple told Mashable.

After experiencing problems powering up the phone, she took it to an Apple Store where employees ran tests and told her everything was fine. The phone appeared to be working properly but after waking up in the morning, Brianna’s boyfriend saw the device steaming and making a squealing noise. Brianna’s account of the events leading to the phone meltdown:
The next morning I was asleep with my phone charging next to my head, my boyfriend grabbed the phone and put it on the dresser. He went to the restroom and from the corner of his eye he saw my phone steaming and heard a squealing noise.
By the time he got over to the phone it had already caught fire, he quickly grabbed the phone and threw it in the restroom as soon as he threw it in the restroom it blew up and more smoke started coming out of the phone.

What’s your take on this story?

F0r M0re UpDaTing: Be 0ne 0f My New F0ll0wers 0n Twitter, 0ne 0f My New Fan 0n FaceB00k, And Here Is The Feeds.

 


blog comments powered by Disqus
Octofinder Blog Catalog