Production Of Galaxy Note 7 Has Been Suspended By Samsung

Samsung has temporarily halted production of its troubled Galaxy Note 7, reports Korean news agency Yonhap. The move follows decisions made on Sunday by multiple carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile, to stop offering new units as replacements for those affected by the recall.

 One of Samsung’s top executives took the opportunity to describe the hardware as “the most intelligent smartphone” that the South Korean company had ever had the privilege of producing and releasing.
Samsung Electronics Co. has temporarily suspended production of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, an official at a supplier for Samsung said Monday, amid a series of media reports that some Note 7 replacements have caught fire. 
The halt is in cooperation with consumer safety regulators from South Korea, the United States and China, the official said on the condition of anonymity.
Samsung began selling the Galaxy Note 7 in August, but in September it recalled 2.5 million units after a number of users reported their phones were catching fire while charging. Affected consumers were issued replacements, but last week reports surfaced that they too are catching fire.

Source: Yonhap


 


blog comments powered by Disqus
Octofinder Blog Catalog