AT&T said to be ditching two-year contracts beginning January 8, 2016

AT&T plans to stop offering two-year phone contracts next month, reports Engadget. The outlet on Wednesday published an internal document that says the carrier will launch a “pricing simplification effort” on January 8 that will effectively get rid of contracts.
And it still is, as the latest information was gathered by an internal document released to AT&T employees earlier this morning, and originally reported by Engadget. The document outlines that AT&T is indeed ditching two-year contracts for all of its phones, and that the change will take effect beginning January 8, 2016. Once that date rolls around, and any day after that, new and upgrading AT&T subscribers will not be able to sign up for a two-year contract — even if they want to upgrade to another one after the current one ends.
To be clear, AT&T says the changes are for “Individual Responsibility Users,” so it’s likely it will continue to offer multi-year contracts for corporate accounts. The note also doesn’t say anything about devices like tablets or wearables, which are currently subsidized.

AT&T is confirming the end of two years contract: 

“With $0 down for well-qualified customers, the ability to upgrade early and down payment options available with even lower monthly installments, our customers are overwhelmingly choosing AT&T Next,” said AT&T in an email to Phonescoop. “Starting January 8, AT&T Next will be the primary way to get a new smartphone at AT&T. This does not apply to business customers under a qualified wireless service agreement.”

F0r M0re UpDaTing: Be 0ne 0f My New F0ll0wers 0n Twitter, 0ne 0f My New Fan 0n FaceB00k, And Here Is The Feeds.

 


blog comments powered by Disqus
Octofinder Blog Catalog